Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Fundraiser and the Dress

For today's Shutterbug Saturday, I wanted to share a photo of me that was taken by the very talented Ron McGinnis at a fund raiser last summer.


As some of you may, or may not know, I'm a Civil War Reenactress. The fundraiser was located outside of my home town of Springfield, Missouri, and was raising money for a fellow Reenactor who had lost everything in the Joplin tornado. I had invited as many photographers as I could think of, to get better press for the event and for our cause. Ron, who is in the same camera club as I, was kind enough to come out and take some photographs. This was one of the images he happened to catch of me. Funny enough, this image went on it's way and has now become a book cover.

Ron is truly a talented artist, and I can't thank him enough for this lovely photo.

Love and Lightning Bugs,
Photobucket

2 comments:

Dawn Kropp said...

How fun! How often to you participate in the Reenactments? My Aunt's sister does many throughout the year in and around the WV area. I love your DRESS!

Unknown said...

I try to do quite a few every year, especially now that it's the 150's. And thank you! The dress was made by a dear friend who reenacts with me.