Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Instant Art: Common Seal

I know it's been a while since I did an Instant Art post, but I haven't found anything lately that caught my eyes. Until now, that is.

This image is from a book published in 1896, with the title of British Mammals. How charming do those seals look, perched on their rock in the middle of what could be a bay? I especially love the muted colors, and the little seals in the background.


To download, please click on the image to blow it up, right click, and hit "Save As." Then print it it, frame it, and voila! You have an instant conversation piece.

Love and Lightning Bugs,
Photobucket

10 comments:

Holly said...

This is such a cute image, and it's great that it is so easy to download, print, and hang!

Savannah said...

This is so pretty! My son loves animals I think I'm going to print it and frame it for his room :)

Grandma Juice said...

Now that's an awesome idea!

Stacey @ Newlywed Survival said...

Such a sweet image! thanks for sharing it.

NYC Single Mom said...

Love it! Not sure when I could use it so I am going to pin it to remember it.

Unknown said...

What a nice picture. Would go perfect in the bathroom with a water theme.

LaVonne said...

Very cute. thanks for sharing. Have you heard of the Graphics Fairy? I think you'd love her blog.

LeahSay's Views - Bonnie said...

I love pictures and print of vintage flowers etc. This is very cute my grandson will love this.

Krystle (Baking Beauty) said...

I love any animal art, it amazing how timeless photos like that can be!

Mama Luvs Books said...

I LOVE seals! Great pic!