Friday, August 31, 2012

My Weird Hobbies: Civil War Reenacting Photography

As you know, I'm a Civil War Reenactress, and Living Historian. While I may love portraying history, I have an equally infectious love of Reenacting Photography.

Many reenactors give such a wonderful performance, that they throw you back in time, if only for a moment. I love to try and capture those moments, walking the line between past and present. Below is a video I've made, using almost exclusively images I have taken at events. There are a few other photographers works in there, but all proper attribution goes to them for those images.

I hope you'll watch and enjoy!


Love and Lightning Bugs,
Photobucket

11 comments:

Mama Luvs Books said...

Very cool! I dig Civil War Reenactments!

Hobbies on a Budget said...

We went to a Civi War reenactment last year. It was pretty amazing.

Coupons and Friends said...

That is way cool!

Unknown said...

I wanted to see one while I was in Virginia this summer but didn't get to. So cool!

Kristyn Martin said...

Awesome! I have never been to a Civil War reenactment, but have always wanted to!

Kandi said...

You just made me wish I was at one! Oh how I miss it!

Alyssa McVey said...

I've never seen a reenactment before, but I know that there is one near me. It must be so stirring to watch! Great video.

Tara said...

I've never been to a reenactment, although they are pretty big down here in the South. Your photos are AMAZING!

Unknown said...

I think its awesome that you do this!! and I LOOVE the pictures! i think my boys would love something like this

Kimberly Storms said...

I would love to know more about why you love this time period? I guess I just find it so heart breaking it is hard to think about you know?

Kelly said...

I love reenactments. We went to several when I was young but never participated. And I don't think it's a 'weird' hobby. It brings history alive for so many. I wish we had some in our area. We have a few living history day events but I have yet to find any Civil War reenactments close by.