Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmastime Joy, Thanks to the Frosty Vox Box

Well, it's been a while since I've written anything here, huh? Let's just say, life has been hectic. But I'm back! And I've come bearing gifts!

Last week, I received an AMAZING package in the mail. I had thought that Influenster might have forgotten me, since I hadn't received a box in a couple months, but then I checked my PO Box and found this Vox Box, bursting with winter goodies!


Generally, every Vox Box has a theme, and this one was geared toward winter. More specifically, the holidays! I know I can never seem to have everything together for the rush of holidays at the end of the year, so I was incredibly thankful to see such awesome contents inside!


1.) First up, are the Fruit Vines. I received the strawberry flavor to try, and let me just say YUMM. They are sweet, but not too sweet, and come in little clusters of three that you car tear apart. I thought they were a great snack, especially for the multiple road trips I took over the Christmas holiday. It was nice to not have to stop all the time for snackage. Just a few of these little guys was enough to tide me over between meals, and they would make a fantastic treat for kids too!

2.) Now, I received the EcoTools Styler + Smoother Hair Brush, and let me tell you....my hairbrush game was weak before I got this thing. I'm not tender headed, so I would just rip through my hair like it was nothing. As you can guess, I had breakage to the extreme. My brush looked like a scary rabid rat after a shower. However, once I started using the EcoTools Styler, I was shocked how much less hair was ending up in the brush after each swipe. After an entire week of using it exclusively, the hair I saw in this brush was a third of what was in my normal one after a day. A DAY. If that doesn't speak volumes about the power of a good brush, i don't know what will. I no longer wonder if I'm balding...

3.) Normally in the Vox Boxes, you get full sized products, but I only received a small sample of Boots No7 Protect & Perfect Intense ADVANCED Serum. That said, I can see why...it is pricey stuff. It promised visible results after two weeks, but I only managed to stretch it out to three days. It did leave my skin super soft though, and didn't go on greasy like most serum type products.

4.) Can I say that I squealed when I saw this next product, and still sound like as a grown woman? because I totally did. NYC New York Color Expert Last Lip Color has been in previous boxes, and everytime I try it, I love it even more! Sugarplum was the shade of choice this time, and just like with all the other shades I've tried, it goes on smooth, velvety, and beautifully pigmented. Sugarplum was a touch dark for my taste just looking at the tube, but once I actually put it on, I was impressed with how subtle it really was. plus it has moisturizers in it, to keep your smile it's prettiest!

5.) Now, I wear liquid eyeliner exclusively, so I wasn't sure about the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner I received, right out of the box. But like everything else in life, I put on my big girl panties, decided to try something new...and was pleasantly surprised! Not only does it go on smooth, but it stayed all day without smudging or flaking. I have rather large eyes, that water a LOT, so generally normal Kohl liner is gone in less than an hour. The only liner I had found that stayed like I wanted it to was waterproof liquid, and we all know how hard that can be to get off at the end of the day. This liner though, came of with only two swipes of my make-up remover.

6.) To be perfectly honest, I don't cook. If it doesn't come in a box, or is microwavable, I would starve to death. So the McCormick Gourmet Thyme wasn't really something I could use. but, I did gift it to a friend of mine who cooks like a freaking gourmet chef, and she raved about it!

7.) This next item, I loved with an unholy passion. Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane® Decaf Green Tea was flipping delish! It was fresh, it was warming, and it was a perfect ending to a cold winter evening at home with the family.

8.) Ok, so normally, I'm the cheapest of the cheapskates. I buy makeup, bath and body products, and a lot of other items at places like Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Family Dollar...are you sensing a theme? I don't like to pay more than a dollar for a lot of things. Generally, it's fine. The dollar make-up is E.L.F and NYC, which is cruelty free and still makes you look amazing on a budget. but it can be terribly difficult to find a good make-up remover for cheap. In fact, it's pretty much impossible. The couple of products I have tried never took off all the make-up, and would rub my face raw trying to get that eyeliner off. Then, I tried the Rimmel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover that came in my box, and knew I could never go cheap on my remover again. It took almost no product, and the make-up wiped off with such ease I was actually shocked! No rubbing, no sitting it on and waiting, just a quick swipe and my face was squeaky clean! It was super gentle, and left my skin feeling soft and refreshed. I can not recommend this enough!

I hope you guys enjoy these products as much as I did!

Love and Lightning Bugs,
  Photobucket

I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments: